I’d love to think that I’m going to post every day, but that’s just not realistic for me. As an example, here was my day today:
- 6:10 wake up
- 6:30 cardio core class at gym
- 7:35 get ready
- 8:00 commute
- 8:20 Kohls (needed something for our trip this weekend)
- 9:00 Attorney meeting at Bob Evans
- 10:30 – 3:30 work (non-stop today, which is a new development that I’m really loving but also simultaneously stressing out about)
- 3:30 drive downtown
- 4:00 CLE downtown
- 5:15 drive across downtown
- 5:30 IndyTalks event with M
- 8:00 get home and relax for first time all day
Luckily this isn’t my every day, but it’s becoming more common for me to have these days often. It makes me very happy that I got to the gym this morning and therefore had no excuse to not work out. Yesterday, I did not make it to the gym in the morning and subsequently only went to the gym with M for 30 minutes last night. I’m really aiming for 60 minutes of cardio most days and M doesn’t want to go the gym for that long so if I don’t go by myself and/or in the morning I won’t get 60 minutes in. I really value our time together so I didn’t want to spend time at the gym that I could be spending with him instead.
Anyway, things are going well still. I didn’t get as much gym time in this weekend as I would have liked but my weight is continuing to creep down. I think tomorrow’s weigh in will bring very good news.
- Sunday: 1,325
- Monday: 1,260 (give or take some calories for a cupcake that I could only estimate – and this by the way is the reason I love calorie counting because I can choose to eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my calorie zone)
- Tuesday: 1,377
- Sunday: nadda
- Monday: 31 minute run (3 miles) – did 3×400 speedwork in the middle
- Tuesday: cardio core class
last night afternoon (my boss has an awesome tendency to tell us to go home early on Friday), I stopped at the grocery store to pick up the makings for this recipe. Two hours later, M and I were eating a delicious dinner. Definitely check this recipe out if you want a quick, easy, delicious crockpot dinner.
M then went to softball, and I met my parents and sister at David’s Bridal to have my sister try on a new bridesmaids’ dress I found last week with my BFF MOH. (I have two MOH – my sister, the maid of honor, and my best friend from college, Ashlee, the matron of honor). The week after we got engaged, my mom, M’s mom, sis MOH, BFF MOH,and ex-co-worker BM (she needs a shorter nickname) went dress shopping. We originally picked this dress out for the BMs:
We were going to do it in wine color (which is not the color shown).
I really liked this dress, but it’s a bit plain and I wasn’t sold on the color because I really want my shoes to match the BM dresses and I could not find wine colored shoes. So BFF MOH and I went last week again to look at colors primarily, but we ended up not only changing colors but dresses.
We liked two dresses:
My sister tried both on and while both looked good, we decided that with the weather being a crap shoot in late October, dress number two was the winner. The color is actually the same as the one above. I love it! And I’m very happy with the color change.
After dress shopping, I went to dinner with my family. I had a few peanuts and more than a few diet cokes, but managed to avoid the delicious bread and everything else that I could have eaten. My willpower has been very good so far and I hope to keep it up. The challenge will come today when I have a buffet dinner! UGH!
- Ran 31 minutes (2.5 miles) with my neighbor
- Ran 28 minutes (2.5 miles) on the treadmill after the run with the neighbor
- Breakfast: Bagel Thin Asparagus Mushroom Egg Sandwich from Einstein’s.
- Lunch: Marie Callender’s Three Cheese Tortellini and yogurt
- Dinner: buffalo chicken on slimwich (90 calorie bun) with 2% pepperjack cheese and green beans, later – another ice cream cone from McD’s
- Total Calories: 1344 + some peanuts (probably 10 – 15 peanuts total)