It’s not often that I say no to an opportunity to have a beer. In fact, more often than not I suggest drinking the beer. I’m a big fan of beer if you can’t tell. I know that doesn’t make me the most ladylike woman, but really I don’t care.
Sadly, beer has to go though. I’ve been liking beer too much these days. And you know, you never have just one beer.
So I’ve made a drastic decision – one I’ve flirted with before. I’m cutting out beer, mostly. I’ve went periods before where I haven’t drank at all, and by and large this will be no drinking, but there will be exceptions. I’m going to a wedding reception weekend next week, I may go to Vegas for a bachelorette party, and there may be other special occassions that I deem appropriate. But M and I have recently been drinking at least one if not multiple nights a week and I’m not going to be doing that any more.
And it all started last night. I arrived home around 8:15, having worked a full day and then attended a training session for 2 1/2 hours in an un-air conditioned room. Although that may not normally be a big deal in May, Indiana is currently experiencing unseasonably high temperatures so it was somewhere between 85 and 90 yesterday. To put it mildly, it was miserably hot in that room and an ice cold beer would have been a great way to cool down. So of course, when I got home and I walked up to our back porch, I discovered M drinking ice cold Miller Lites with our roommate P, who was drinking wine. They asked me to join them, so I hurried inside, ran upstairs to change, and came back to the fridge.
And then I stopped. I remembered that I had made this new commitment to myself and it wasn’t worth ruining over a silly beer. I grabbed a Sprite Zero and headed outside. And you know what? I still had a great conversation with M and P. Turns out, life will go and be enjoyable without beer.
- Ran 30 minutes (2.8 miles) doing a modified version of this workout. I modified it by only going up to 7.0. I don’t think I could have made it to 8.0 yet and I only wanted to run for 30 minutes.
- Elliptical 30 minutes (2.7 miles) on the interval training program.
- Breakfast: bagel thin with one microwaved egg and 2% american cheese.
- Lunch: Marie Callendar’s Sesame Chicken and a yogurt
- Dinner: Bazbeaux catered our training – I had one piece of thin crust pizza, a salad, and a piece of cheese bread. Not great – but did not overdue it!
- Total Calories: 1339 (this is probably low because I had to estimate the calories on dinner).
- Weight: 187.5